Choosing to stay in a 6th Arrondissement Paris hotel or apartment gives you easy access to all the wonderful attractions and things to do in this posh and über-popular neighborhood.
You'll be close to the lush Luxembourg Garden, the magnificent Saint-Sulpice Church of Da Vinci Code fame, and all the wonderful designer boutiques and antique stores in the Saint-Germain neighborhood.
You can sip a drink on the terrace in front of Les Deux Magots, made famous by Hemingway, Sartre, and Camus, admire the fresh produce and cheeses in the neighborhood markets, and dine at a different bistro or restaurant every evening. Or just walk around and admire the gorgeous architecture, explore the vibrant Rue Buci market street, and discover the 6th district's hidden treasures such as Cour de Commerce Saint-André.
Keep in mind, the 6th arrondissement borders the Seine River. Walk across the Pont Neuf bridge to see Sainte-Chapelle, the Conciergerie, and Notre Dame on Île de la Cité or continue across to the Right Bank, where the Louvre Museum is just a 2-minute walk away.
Or stay on the Left Bank and explore the nearby Orsay Museum, Army Museum, and Latin Quarter. Numerous metro stations give you easy access to everywhere else in Paris.
Our recommendations for the best hotels and places to stay in the 6th arrondissement Paris include a variety of the best 3 star, 4 star, and 5 star hotels and apartments featuring wonderful terraces, views, and other special amenities. We also include a top-value 2 star hotel in the 6th district.
You're sure to find the perfect place for your stay in Paris!
Top photo: View of Saint-Germain-des-Prés Church from Hotel Madison in Paris's 6th arrondissement
Where to Stay in Paris 6th District
Hôtel Madison ★★★★
143 Boulevard Saint-Germain, Paris 75006
The Madison offers a wonderful location across the street from Église Saint-Germain-des-Prés, a lovely church with a tower built in the year 1000 where you can attend classical concerts throughout the year and visit a wonderful pop-up Christmas market starting in mid-November. You're also conveniently close (ie, a 10-minute walk or less) to Notre Dame, the Orsay Museum, and Sainte-Chapelle. The famous Les Deux Magots cafe frequented by Hemingway, Sartre, and Camus is on the opposite corner, and you'll find literally hundreds of other excellent bistros and restaurants within a 5-minute walk of the hotel - so have fun choosing!
This 50-room boutique hotel in the 6th arrondissement Paris features modern furnishings, luxurious fabrics, and serene decor, with balconies in some guestrooms overlooking the church. Fun fact: Each bathroom has artisan-made basins, each a unique color and shape.
Hôtel Lutecia ★★★★★ Palace Hotel
45 Boulevard Raspail, 6th Arrondissement
After a massive top-to-bottom renovation, 5-star Hôtel Lutecia - the Left Bank's only luxury "Palace" hotel - is more spectacular than ever with 184 large guestrooms and suites featuring posh blue and gray decor, comfortable furnishings, and marble baths with deep tubs and huge windows overlooking iconic Paris vistas.
Equally fabulous are the new public spaces - a luxurious all-marble spa with a hammam, sauna, and sun-lit indoor swimming pool, and a welcoming Jazz Bar. A Michelin-starred chef now heads the hotel's brasserie, once a favorite Saint-Germain-des-Prés hang-out for Hemingway, Matisse, Camus, and Josephine Baker. One of the biggest show-stoppers: original Romanesque frescoes discovered under layers of paint in the 100+ year old hotel and now meticulously restored for all to enjoy in Bar Joséphine.Book Now
"Poodle & Blonde" Apartment near Luxembourg Garden in Paris 6
Book a stay in the chic "Poodle & Blonde" apartment and you'll be be right in the middle of the coveted Saint Germain des Prés neighborhood near the romantic Luxembourg Garden, luxury shopping at nearby designer boutiques and art galleries, and all the iconic cafes and bistros from the neighborhood's bohemian past.
Sip a glass of wine at Les Deux Magots where Hemingway, Sartre, and Baldwin hung out, explore the bookstores and trendy nightspots in the Latin Quarter, and then return here at the end of the day to relax in your own comfortable "pied à terre."
This spacious 1-bedroom apartment sleeps up to 2 people, and features a comfortable US queen (French king) bed, beautiful chevron wood floors, beamed ceilings, a sleek modern kitchen, and a washer/drier.Book Now
More Paris 6th District Apartments
"Copper Courtyard" - Bright and comfy ground floor 1-bedroom apartment close to the famous Bon Marché department store
"The Swan & Phoenix" - Vintage charm mixes with modern comfort in this Saint-Germain apartment with state-of-the-art kitchen, air conditioning in the main living space, and 2 bedrooms overlooking a private courtyard
Relais Christine ★★★★★
3 Rue Christine, 6th arrondissement
Relais Christine, one of the very best 5-star luxury hotels in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, is built on foundations of a 13th century abbey with a gated courtyard in a top location near the Seine. It features 48 charming high-ceilinged guest rooms and suites with French country decor plus a fabulous spa with Guerlain products and fragrances. You'll love the hotel's private flower-filled garden - you will feel like you're in the French countryside rather than a bustling city.
The hotel's superb location on a quiet street only 1-block long is in an area filled with art galleries, boutiques, and bistros at the edge of the Latin Quarter near the Seine River. The famous specialty tea store, Mariage Frères Rive Gauche, is at the end of the block - refreshments in their tea room or a meal in their restaurant is always a wonderful experience, so put it on your calendar.
Of course, you're also close to other top attractions: Notre Dame, Sainte-Chapelle, the Conciergerie, Musée Cluny, and one of the 6th arrondissement's best-kept secrets - Cour de Commerce Saint-André, an almost hidden passage where some of France's top philosophers, artists, writers, and revolutionaries once hung out.Book Now
Hotel Clément ★★
61 Rue Sainte-Anne, 2nd Arrondissement
With a wonderful location on a quiet side street in the heart of Saint-Germain near Saint-Sulpice Church, boutique Hôtel Clément features 28 mostly small but nicely furnished guest rooms and suites perfect for families with comfortable beds, air conditioning, an elevator, in-room safes, and a concierge at the front desk - far more than you might normally expect in a 2-star Paris hotel.
The hotel serves a lavish breakfast with many choices and gourmet products. You'll also find plenty of other breakfast choices in the neighborhood, including the Marché Saint-Germain covered market across the street and a variety of bakeries if you just want to grab a croissant and coffee. And of course for other meals, this neighborhood has seemingly endless choices of wonderful bistros and restaurants.
Hotel Clément is a true gem, and sister hotel to the excellent and much fancier 4 star Hotel Molière across the river in the 1st arrondissement near the Louvre Museum. Although no 2 star Paris hotels (that you'd actually want to stay in) in Paris are cheap, this boutique property in the top-rated 6th arrondissement gives you top value for your money.Book Now
More Places to Stay in the 6th Arrondissement
- Hotel Artus (34 Rue de Buci) - Located on the lively Rue de Buci market street, this 4-star hotel features 25 guestrooms and two suites, art-inspired mid-century modern decor, and bright cheery colors - Book Now
- Hotel Baume (262 Rue Saint Jacques) - Look for a romantic Art Deco 1930s vibe thanks to the lush fabrics and touches of gold in the 35 rooms and suites of this 4-star hotel close to the historic Odeon Theatre and Luxembourg Garden - Book Now
- Hotel de Buci (22 Rue de Buci) - This charming small 4-star, 24-room boutique hotel on the fantastic Rue Buci market street features furnishings with a romantic Louis XV 18th century très-Parisian vibe - Book Now
- Hotel Montalembert (3 Rue de Montalembert) - Sleekly beautiful contemporary decor with Art Deco hints, comfortable furnishings in its 50 guest rooms and suites, and a superb location near the Seine make this posh 5-star luxury hotel a favorite with well-heeled travelers staying in the 6th district - Book Now
- Hotel Bel Ami - This 5-star boutique hotel offers gorgeous decor, a spa and fitness center, and a cute onsite café, with views of Eglise Saint Germain des Prés from some guest rooms.
- Au Manoir Saint-Germain - This lovely 4-star hotel across from Eglise Saint Germain des Prés overlooks the Deux Magots cafe and offers soundproofed accommodations.
- Hotel de Seine (52 Rue de Seine) - This centrally-located small 3-star boutique hotel features 30 guestrooms, air conditioning, and an elevator in an excellent location near the Seine River - Book Now
- Hotel Saint-Paul Rive Gauche (43 Rue Monsieur le Prince) - Once the 17th century home of Franciscan monks and now owned by a Franco-British family, this 31 guestroom 4-star boutique hotel is located about a 2-minute walk from Luxembourg Garden and features lush floral prints and beamed ceilings - Book Now
- Millésime Hotel - Enjoy luxury Pierre Frey linens, a courtyard garden, and views of Saint Germain des Prés Church from some of the guestrooms at this newly-renovated 4-star hotel housed in a 17th century building