Paris events in March welcome early signs of spring and longer days to the City of Lights as events move outside again.
On sunny March days, sidewalk tables fill up outside the city's many cafes and brasseries (such as La Turenne Brasserie near Place des Vosges in the Marais, show in top photo), and you'll begin to see hints of green in the trees.
Major outdoor events include a half-marathon around the city, several trade shows, and a huge "fun fair" (carnival) dating back to 857 (yes, almost 13 centuries ago) provide the perfect excuse for being outside.
Exciting exhibits open at Musée Picasso and Musée Jacquemart-André, and plenty of concerts give you the chance to hear your favorite type of music.
A huge book show brings together publishers, writers, and fans for four event-packed days.
Top photo: Sidewalk tables at a cafe in the Marais in March, (c) Paris Discovery Guide
March Concerts in Paris - 2022
- Don Giovanni: Paris Opera - Opéra Bastille - March 2, 6, 8, 11
- Chopin and Liszt by Candlelight - Saint Ephrem Church - March 2
- Andrea Bocelli - AccorHotels Arena - March 3
- Bach by Candlelight: Violoncello Solos - Saint Ephrem Church - March 4
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons & Mozart's A Little Night Music - Saint Germain des Pres Church - March 5
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons - Madeleine Church - March 5, 12, 18, 24
- Candlelight Concert: Beethoven, Offenbach, & Tchaikovski - Saint Ephrem Church - March 6, 26
- Candlelight Concert: Liszt, Satie, Beethoven - Saint Ephrem Church - March 7, 11
- A Quiet Place - Palais Garnier (Paris Opera House) - March 10, 13, 16, 18, 21, 23, 24, 26, 29, 30
- Wozzeck: Paris Opera - Opéra Bastille - March 10, 13, 16, 29, 24, 27, 30
- La Traviata: Opera à Palazzo - Hotel Dosne-Thiers (private mansion, not an actual hotel), Paris Saint Ephrem Church - March 10, 17, 18, 26, 31
- Sainte Chapelle Concerts (with optional Champagne or wine & tapas) - March 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28
- Baroque Arias for Farinelli - Mathieu Salama - Sainte-Elisabeth-de-Hongrie Church - March 12
- IAMDDB - Elysée Montmartre - March 19
- Bach by Candlelight: Goldberg Variations - Saint Ephrem Church - March 19
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons & Famous Adagios - Saint Germain des Pres Church - March 19
- Hofesh Shechter: Paris Opera - Palais Garnier - March 19, 20, 22, 27, 28, 31
- Musical Lunches- Palais Garnier (Paris Opera House) - March 20
- Paris Choral Society: Stabat Mater - American Cathedral - March 24, 26
- Massenet's Cendrillon - Opéra Bastille - March 26
More Paris rock, pop, jazz, rap, indie, & other concerts during March - In the search box, enter: Paris March
Paris Exhibits - Top Shows during March
Saul Steinberg - Centre Pompidou
Known best for his satirical cartoons in The New Yorker, Saul Steinberg and his use of symbols, reportage, and identity in his well-known press drawings form the focus of this show.
Aristide Maillol (1861-1944): The Quest for Harmony - Orsay Museum
A major retrospective of the work of this important early 20th century sculptor whose monumental female nudes can be seen not only in the Orsay's permanent collection but also in Tuileries Garden next to the Louvre.
Dates: April 12, 2022 - August 21, 2022
Musée d'Orsay Tickets: 16€ adults. Book a reserved-access ticket for skip-the-line access, , or use your Paris Museum Pass for free entry
Location: Metro: Pont de l'Alma; Invalides
Paris Museum and Attractions Passes
French Open Tickets for Roland Garros On Sale
Coveted premier tickets go on sale on March 4 for the French Open Tennis Tournament, second Grand Slam of the season held this year from May 18 - June 7.
If you want to attend a match, you need to move fast once sales open as the tickets always sell out quickly.
Paris Visitor's Tip: Daylight Savings Time in France
Paris Half Marathon - (Semi Marathon de Paris) - 2022
As a warm up of sorts for the Paris Marathon in April, Paris also hosts an annual half-marathon known as Semi de Paris each year in March.
This year, the Paris Half Marathon takes place on Sunday, March 6, with about 40,000 runners expected to participate in the 21.1km race.
The Half Marathon course begins on the Left Bank of the Seine River at Pont de Sully, crosses to the Left Bank and proceeds along the Seine to Pont de Tolbiac near the François Mitterand Library before crossing the bridge and proceeding through Parc de Bercy. At Rue de Charenton, runners turn right and make a large loop through Bois de Vincennes, the giant forest and parkland on the east side of the city, and then emerge onto Avenue Daumesnil. At Place Felix Eboué, the runners will turn left onto Boulevard de Bercy, continue to the Seine, and again turn left onto Quai de Bercy, continuing along the Seine to Hôtel de Ville before right up to Rue de Rivoli, then making another right to continue onto Place de la Bastille, and then onto the finish line at Rue de Lyon.
Start time for the Elite racers is 9am, with staggered start times for everyone else until 10:40am. Winners cross the Finish Line around 10am, and most runners will finish by early afternoon.
Paris Martial Arts Festival - 2022
The Paris Martial Arts Festival features the greatest athletes from the world of martial arts at the Accorhotels Arena in the 12th arrondissement. Join other fans at this highly-rated international festival as over 300 experts, masters, and champions from all disciplines put on a spectacular show.
Dates: March 26, 2022
Location: Accorhotels Arena, 8 Boulevard de Bercy, 12th arr; Metro: Bercy
Get Your Martial Arts Festival Tickets
Hotels near Accorhotels Arena:
- Mercure Paris Bercy Bibliothèque - 4-star hotel with air conditioning and affordable rates across from a metro station - 5 minute walk to the arena. Request a room with a terrace overlooking the Seine River
- Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village - 3-star modern hotel with cheerful contemporary decor - 5 minute walk to the arena and Line 14 metro station.
More Fun Things to Do & See in Paris in March***y-gyg-paris-france.shtml***
Need to Book a Paris Hotel or Apartment for Your March Visit?
Planning a trip to Paris during early spring? Use this hotel map to find hotels and apartments near your favorite March events and Paris attractions:***y-hotel-map.shtml***